This is it! The ultimate migraine resource guide!
If you are like me, you may have felt at times that you are all alone with your migraines or maybe you want to empower yourself with more information about your migraine condition. Well if you are in any of these positions, keep reading! This post is for you! The ultimate migraine resource list is below!
How is it organized?
So I’ve broken up this migraine resource list into categories to help you navigate to the resources that will be of the most benefit to you now.
- Doctors with migraine expertise
- Connect with others who have migraines
- Track your migraines
- Financial Help
- Help me relax!
Doctors with migraine expertise
- Migraine Research Foundation list of doctors certified in Migraine Medicine.
- Migraine Research Foundation list of children’s headache doctors
- Comprehensive Headache Centers
- AccuWeather – has a special weather forecasting tool just for migraines
- CureTogether.com – this is a site that helps you to compare your symptoms with others in order to better understand your health.
- DrugWatch.com – this is helpful for finding out more about your medications and what side effects you may experience from taking them.
- Know Your Dose – helps you to determine if you are taking a safe amount of pain medication.
- Medication Overuse Treatment Plan– useful information about medication overuse headaches
- Moretomigraine– this is a helpful site to learn about management strategies while living with migraines.
- Migraine.com– a resource to educate yourself about migraine headaches.
- MigraineAgain – another great resource for learning more about migraines.
- Headache and Migraine News– get the latest information on developments in the medical field of migraines and headaches.
- Clinical Trials– this is a registry of private and federally sponsored clinical trials.
- BonTriage– helps you prepare for your doctor appointments with a wealth of information about your personal headache history.
Connect with others who have migraines!
- Migraine Connect– a social network for people living with migraines!
- Migraine Support– a Facebook page to turn to for advice.
- Meetup– look for local support groups in your area
- Live Journal– an online support community
- The Migraine Diaries
- Putting Our Heads Together
- My Migraine Life
- Migraine Diva
- The Daily Migraine
- Headwise Woman
- Migraine Puppet
- Painfully Speaking
- Somebody Heal Me
- and of course A Migraine Life 🙂
Track your migraines
- National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS)
- National Headache Foundation
- The Migraine Trust
- Lifting the Burden
- International Headache Society
- Danielle Byron Henry Migraine Foundation
- Association of Migraine Disorders
- Canadian Headache Society
- American Migraine Foundation
- American Headache Society
- American Headache & Migraine Association
- Alliance for Headache Disorders Advocacy
- Help With Paying Bills
- Rx Assist
- Partnership for Prescription Assistance
- Blink Health
- Cephalalgia, An International Journal of Headache
- Chronic Pain: Hope Through Research
- Clinician :21st Century Prevention and Management of Migraine Headaches
- Headache, The Journal of Head and Face Pain
- Headache: Hope Through Research
- Neurology Now
- The Migraine Brain: Your Breakthrough Guide to Fewer Headaches, Better Health
- Heal Your Headache
- The Migraine Miracle: A Sugar-Free, Gluten-Free, Ancestral Diet to Reduce Inflammation and Relieve Your Headaches for Good
- Living Well with Migraine Disease and Headaches: What Your Doctor Doesn’t Tell You…That You Need to Know (Living Well (Collins))
Help me relax!
- Relaxation Audio
- Curable App for Chronic Pain
- This Way Up
- Anxiety apps– a helpful list of popular anxiety apps
- Insomnia apps
So this list is by no means conclusive but this migraine resource list is definitely a place to start if you are looking to learn more about your migraines, get support, relax or find a doctor. If you’d like even more information you can check out my book!